Bankruptcy, retirement plans, alleged terrorist plots, patent reform,
foreclosures, employee handbooks, trademark infringement, business
formation issues, XXX domains, employee misclassification, cheating husbands, and much, much more
… here’s a look at some of the most-viewed legal news and updates on the JD Supra network during the last month.
In case you’re keeping score, for the first time in four months, ERISA attorney Ary Rosenbaum does not have the premier spot – however, true to form, Ary’s well-read writing appears twice on the list.
Good work by great lawyers and law firms – and it’s just the tip of the JD Supra iceberg:
- Are You Being Sued by Midland Funding, LLC? Why You Should Fight Lawsuits by Debt Buying Companies – by John Skiba
- 15 Symptoms that a Plan Sponsor’s Retirement Plan might be “Ill” – by The Rosenbaum Law Firm P.C.
- US v. Manssor Arbabsiar and Gholam Shakuri – Full Text Copy Amended Criminal Complaint – McNabb Associates, P.C.
- Real Estate Market Update – October 13, 2011 – by Allen Matkins
- Why Financial Advisors Should Offer Investment Education to 401(k) Plan Participants – by The Rosenbaum Law Firm, P.C.
- America Invents Act – H.R. 1249 Patent Reform Bill – Full Text Copy
- Seriously, We Couldn’t Make This Stuff Up – by Dechert LLP
- Top 12 Tips to Tell if Your Husband is Cheating on You – by Lawyers.com
- Organic Web Strategy for Lawyers – by Gyi Tsakalakis
- Physician – Hospital Co-Management Arrangements – by Akerman Senterfitt
- Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: How Dexia’s Failure Could be Good for Capital Formation – by Dechert LLP
- Walmart’s Employee Handbook Cost them $187.6 Million; What Could Your Employee Handbook Cost You? – by Jaburg Wilk
- Foreclosing Lenders Beware – by Snell & Wilmer LLP
- McAfee & Taft RegLINC: Document destruction – Spoliation or legitimate process? – by Chris A. Paul
- Restriction of Sale of Property on Power of Attorney – International Lawyers Network
- 12 Reasons for A Startup Not To Be An LLC – by Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Music Licensing 101 – by Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- MBHB snippets Alert – The .XXX Top Level Domain: What Do I Need to Know Now? – by McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP
- Social Media Giant Sued for Trademark Infringement (Again) – by Winthrop & Weinstine, PA
- Newly-Minted Lawyers Are Generally Poor Writers: Why the Law Schools Are Largely to Blame – by Charles E. Rounds, Jr.
- Trademark owners can block new .XXX domain names – by Schottenstein Zox & Dunn Co., LPA
- California Governor Signs S.B. 459, Dramatically Increasing Penalties for Misclassifying Employees as Independent Contractors – by Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP
- Significant Advances in Green Card Cutoff Dates for EB-2 India and EB-2 China – by Morgan Lewis
- What Are the risks of Opting Out of the IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Programs? – by Sanford Millar
- Employment Law Advisory for October 26, 2011: Update – New Employment Laws for 2012 – by Hopkins & Carley
Related – also see:
– Corporate Law Updates: Top News Feeds for the Month
– 3 Trending Items on JD Supra: SEC Cyber Risk Disclosures, XXX Domains, Employee Misclassification…
– Top Business Law Roundups for the Last Week of October
for daily updates on trending topics, searches, and documents on JD Supra.
A great way to see what’s hot and find fodder for your own next article or post.