What: learn how to customize feeds of legal updates on your LinkedIn homepage.
When you first add legal updates to your LinkedIn homepage, we automatically match the feed of content to your industry or profession as noted in your LinkedIn profile. (Real estate content if you’re in real estate; insurance to insurance professionals; employment law if you’re in HR and related fields; law practice to lawyers; and so forth.)
1. Customize your feed while reading a document
Every document in Legal Updates includes a number of important links below its title and byline. One such, noted with arrow above, is “Add to Feeds.” If you like the legal update you just read and want to read other writings by the same person or firm: click “Add to Feeds.” Your Legal Updates homepage feed will include all future work by that source.
2. Customize while browsing a legal topic/subject
Two ways to customize your legal updates while browsing specific subjects on LinkedIn, both shown below.
If you want a feed of the entire subject, click “Subscribe to this Subject.” All future documents on that topic will automatically stream to your LinkedIn homepage.
Additionally, each document listing includes an “Add to Feeds” link if you want to add the specific source to your feeds. (In example above, either Fenwick & West, or IP attorney Robert Matthews, Jr.)
3. Manage your feeds
At any time you can also click the “Account” tab in Legal Updates, among other things, to customize your feeds. Look in the left-hand navigational links (show below) for the option to manage your feeds.
Here you can remove any feeds you no longer want, and add other subjects and people as recommend by JD Supra.
Bonus Tip: Recommend Your Own Feed
If you are a JD Supra contributor, recommend to your LinkedIn connections to follow your own work directly on LinkedIN. Two ways you can do this:
1. Follow your feed yourself; it’ll show up as a network update to all of your connections (Steve Matthews as example below)
2. Once you have connected your JD Supra and LinkedIn accounts, send out a note that your LinkedIn profie now includes your legal documents. Anyone can click “Subscribe” at the end of your document list to add you to their feeds.
Additional posts in this Legal Updates how-to series include:
– how to recommend, share, and save documents.
– how to connect your JD Supra and LinkedIn accounts.
– how to reach outside your network.
– and others…
– Video: Introducing Legal Updates on LinkedIn…
– Webinar tour: intro to Legal Updates, Thurs 7/22, 10AM PST/1PM EST (register here)